UK Student Visa Process & Free Expert Guidance
Highlights of Education in UK
Free 1 – 1 Unbiased Counselling by Certified Consultants
Numerous courses fall under shortage Occupation list
100’s of scholarships available to study in UK
2 years of post-study work permit
Work part-time up to 20 hours a week
Your dependents can work full time while you are on student visa
Separate scholarships for excellence in sports
Our experts will provide you complete scholarship guidance
UK Student Visa Process
UK continues to be one of the most sought-after international destinations for graduate studies for Indian students due to its unparalleled globally acclaimed education system, the rankings of the universities and very importantly, its affordability. Apart from the academic qualifications, one requires a UK Student Visa to be able to pursue his/her studies in the UK.
As the reason for travel to the UK isn’t mere leisure, there is certain prevalent paperwork that is required prior to the application for a student visa which differs from a general tourist visa. The students therefore are required to furnish a checklist of academic and financial documents before you get to know how to apply for UK student visa.
Given below is the list of documents the student needs to have before applying:
- Student Visa Application Form - Completed and Signed
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number that is given out by the university of acceptance in the official unconditional offer letter alongside the Visa Letter which must be not more than 6 months old.
- Proof of Requisite Funds – The UK Student Visa requires you to show the availability of sufficient funds that are required for your time in the UK. You would need to furnish the tuition fee for 1 year alongside living expenses for at least 9 months from the day of entry into the UK. Typically, it is £11,385 for nine months if you are living in London and £9,135 for nine months if you are living outside London. The funds should be in the account for at least 28 days and the application should be made not beyond a month of the 28th day of the funds that are held in the bank account of the sponsor.
Our expert consultants at GoUK will provide you will all the UK Student Visa Help.
UK Student Visa Fee in India
The UK Student Visa Process fee for the Tier 4 (General) student visa is £348(~US$440), with an additional £348 fee per person for any dependents.
GoUK's Extensive Footprint in India
|Offices across India|
|250+ Experienced Consultants|
|Chennai, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Cochin, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune and many more|
UK Student Visa Process Time in India
Usually, UK Student Visa applications are processed within three weeks of the completed application being lodged. GoUK’s UK Student Visa Expert will file your visas by making sure your complete documentation is on point and on time to save you from all the troubles.
How to apply for a student visa for the UK?
Just like any other documentation process, the UK follows a general process for sanction of a UK Student Visa. Below is the UK student visa process simplified for a step-by-step easy understanding.
- Acquire a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies) from the University of Choice where you wish to study.
- Have the specific amount of funds, also known as “maintenance funds,” that cover the tuition fees and the living expenses in the bank account.
- Have the proper trail of bank documents that would be required to be shown for the verification of the finances that are required.
- Online Application - Apply on the UK Visa website https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/apply. Complete the form and print it out and then sign it.
- Application Fee Payment – There are 3 ways to pay the application fee.
- DD in Standard Chartered Bank or any other nationalized or foreign Bank – Visit the nearest Branch and create a DD in the name of “The British High Commission”.
- Visa Application Centre – Pay the fee directly at the Visa Application Centre.
- Online – Use your VISA/MasterCard Credit/Debit cards to pay online for the applications.
- Visit the appointment center on the date of appointment and provide your biometrics and photograph.
For more UK Student Visa Guidance, you could get in touch with our experts and enjoy hassle-free services at your disposal.
Point Based Visa-System in UK
The UK Visa is a point-based visa system where it is mandatory for the students to meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules and acquire 40 points in total. (30 points for CAS and 10 points for documentation proof for sufficient funds).
UK Dependent Visa
The UK dependent visa during the course of studies is provided only to the spouse or children of the student. The duration of this visa will be the same as it is for a student visa. Only postgraduate applicants are allowed a dependent visa for his/her spouse or children and therefore it is not applicable for under-graduate applicants.
The dependents must apply as 'Dependent on a Points Based System Migrant' alongside the student visa. It costs around £475 along with additional expenses. You must also show an additional £845 (within London) and £680 (outside London) for each dependent for each month that you are applying for up to a maximum of 9 months' maintenance funds.
Premium Visa Services
You could opt for the Priority Visa Service or the Super Priority Visa Service to shorten the visa processing time for an added fee under the Priority Visa Application. You will be contacted by The UK Visas and Immigration and the visa can be collected within 5 working days from when you submit your biometric information. Under the Super Priority Visa Application, the same work is completed within 24 hours.
Apply for a UK Student Visa for Indian Students
Applying for a visa and getting all of the documents sorted alone can be a very hectic affair considering the fact that you might miss out on certain essentials during your busy schedule. Therefore, hop on board and let our personalized UK Student Visa expert at GoUK guide you on the whole process by making your UK Student Visa Guidance memorable and an enriching experience in your path of acquiring your dream course in your favored institution in the UK.
For more, you could get in touch with our UK Student Visa expert at GoUK and enjoy hassle-free services at your disposal.