In order to use GoUK services, we require you to fill in various personal information in the first place. Similarly, you do need to provide us with your educational credentials as well as the scanned copies of your certificate. During your application, you will be asked for additional information such as: payment information, guardian’s information, academic history, employment history, admission test information, earlier visa application details, etc. We also use your emails in order to send you updates about our different products related to education.
Why does GoUK collect, use and share your personal data?
- Schools : First and foremost, we use your personal data to filter our universities partners database to produce the best fit choices for your educational pursuits in accordance to your academic credentials, test scores, location, budget, etc.
- Customer Service : As we provide international customer service, we do share your details with our global customer service team to assist you promptly whenever you need us. It may involve services not limiting to counselling, visa preparation, interview, etc., but also involves responding to questions that our student and recruiter clients may have.
- Account Administration : Since we offer an account facility for our recruiter partners on our website, we use some information you provide us to administer this, allowing us to manage your information, applications, and manage your personal settings. This will allow us to keep and share your information you have provided about schools and programs.
- Marketing Activities : We also use your information for marketing activities- especially sending you updates of the school partners you have searched for. For these, you can opt out, or unsubscribe at any time using the “Unsubscribe” link in each newsletter.
- Other Communications : There may be other times when we get in touch via mobile calls, SMS, WhatsApp, email, post, phone, other social media platforms and any other mediums of communications like video conference platforms like Zoom. The reasons on why we make such communication are as:
- We need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- In order to remind you if your application is incomplete or needs any update.
- To assist our clients with Interview Preparation, documentation and Visa Lodgement.
- Market Research and Improving our Services: Oftentimes, we send questionnaires to our clients to get feedback about our services.
- Fraud detection and prevention: We may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
In certain circumstances, we may share your personal data with third parties and Why does GoUK share your data with third parties.?
- The school(s) you applied to : In order to process your application, we need to transfer relevant details to the school you have applied to. We want you to make an informed decision about your choice of education. Thus, GoUK may share your information with schools that you might have an interest in. This information may also be used by GoUK or schools to give you personalised offers.
- Third-party service providers : We may allow service providers (such as our allied services partners) to use your personal data strictly on our behalf. This would be for purposes such as facilitating payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services.
- Competent Authorities : We disclose personal data to law enforcement and other governmental authorities as and when it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
How can you control the personal data you have given to GoUK?
GoUK shares your information with schools and recruitment partners in their respective countries. We base this sharing of information on your consent and not on any adequacy decision by the European Commission or any similar organisation. Your consent to this sharing is important to us and you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to ask for restrictions of processing concerning your data or to object to processing as well as the right to data portability.
Can you have access to the data?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card (preferably passport) to help us prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing your personal data. If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. You can also ask us to remove your personal data from our database by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Request for removal of personal information' in the subject line.
How long do we store your data?
We normally retain and store your data for about three years from when you shared your data with us. However, if you wish us to get it deleted, please email us at email@example.com with Subject line “Request for removal of Personal data”.
Who is responsible for the processing of personal data on the GoUK website?
GoUK (Preston Educational Consultants) controls the processing of personal data on its websites. Preston Educational Consultants is a proprietorship company under the laws of INDIA and has its registered office at 22/1A,2A, 5th Avenue, Anna Nagar West Extension, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India – 600101.
If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy notice, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org