Working in UK
Highlights of Education in UK
Almost all Fortune 500 Companies are in UK
UK graduate are one of the highly employable graduates in the world
Average salary of a fresher in UK is GBP 35,000
50 of top 100 Universities are in UK
2 years of post-study work permit
Do part time up to 20 hours a week and 40 hours during holidays
Wide variety of Scholarships available for Indian Students
Your dependents can work full time while you study in UK
Working in UK While Studies
Part-time jobs in UK for International students: International Students pursuing studies in the United Kingdom would look for part-time jobs after college hours and make use of their time to meet their ends. The United Kingdom is not just open to part-time jobs for international students but also encourage the same as long as the students fulfill the criteria of eligibility.
Get all your doubts
clarified now for
Thank you for choosing us
Our experts will get back to you at the earliest
Eligibility for Part-time Jobs:
- Students willing to be able to do part-time jobs and attend a full-time course of at least one year's duration are eligible for part-time jobs.
- Student Visa entitles you to undertake casual part-time work for up to 20 hours per week during term time, and up to 40 hours casual full-time work per week on holidays.
- The minimum wage is usually about £6.15 to £7.7 per hour.
- All non-UK students are to legally receive National Insurance number (NINo) once they start working in the UK.
Visit us for expertised counsultancy
Internships are available to students enrolled in courses on the Degree Programme where it forms part of their program.
- It is a period of work experience which lasts for a fixed period of time anywhere between a week and 12 months which are undertaken by students and graduates.
- An internship should be a part of an academic program and must form an integral part of the program which contributes to the final award.
- Educational facilities must also ensure that the internship is suited to the program being pursued.
- The internship assesses a student's or a graduate's capability and often employees are recruited from their interns.
Finding an Internship in the UK
- Speak to career service
- Through social media platforms like Twitter and Linkedin.
- Networking through friends; peers and seniors.
- Speculatively contacting companies.
Working in UK after Studies
Any student enrolling at a UK university can stay in the UK after graduation for up to two years in order to look for work related to their degree or course. The Student Visa will be converted to a Post Study Work (PSW) Visa which is applicable to graduates of all recognized higher education providers. The visa requirements for those graduates are expected are automatic unless changed by personal reasons and circumstances. This applies to undergraduate (Bachelor), post-graduate (Master) and even PhD graduates. The PSW visa is meant to give graduates more time to find a job after university; it does not affect how much you can work while you study. The new PSW rules are open to all students holding Tier 4 visas, who are accepted onto a full-time course in the 2020 intake or later. Therefore, at the time of the graduation, these rules are applicable to the students.
Shortage Occupations List
It is a list released by the government of UK covering various sectors of different occupations that are in high demand in the UK. Each are subject to further conditions or requirements such as minimum salary, experience or qualification requirements. On a broad classification, the following sectors conform to the Shortage Occupations List in UK.
- Engineering Occupations
- Healthcare Occupations
- Arts and Entertainment Occupations
- Others (Directors and Chief Executives of Major Organizations, Managers, Physicists, Chefs, Professors and so on)
Considering the extensively broad categorization of the occupations, it is important to realize the job potential that the UK has in store for all of its international employees. Call our consultants to know about your chances of a high-flying career and reach your potential in UK.